Tuesday, April 6, 2010

E-Day Brunch

I'm beginning to notice theme in these blogs. Maybe you have already seen it. Adulthood. You, the viewer or "Peeping Tom" have been watching me closely and noticed this growth. This is what bothers me...you haven't said anything! I've been walking around, casually, becoming an adult. I new something was weird when my voice dropped and I was no longer confused for my mother on the phone. I should have seen it coming.

I wish we'd all been ready! (Any contemporary christian music fans out there?)

Easter sunday I had brunch. I know, Brunch! That is what adults do. It's a bizarre concept. Its not breakfast, because mimosas are involved. It's not lunch because of the presence of eggs.

It is the purgatory of meals. It exists in the gray area and no one really knows what to do when you are there to get out.

I was concerned when the the plans were made. What was I going to do? How was I going to contribute?

Cook? No. I'm lucky to affectively boil noodles.

Host? Maybe, I am quite funny but that is a lot of pressure. I mean, Jesus rose from the dead, how do you top that?

I decided to lead an Easter Egg hunt. Great idea right? It would have been if the state of California did not sell out of those hollow, plastic eggs three days before E-Day (Easter Sunday). Who thought I had to be responsible enough to buy those eggs 4 days in advance?

So what did I do next? I put together one of the sweetest playlists that has ever been assembled. It was 4 sweet hours of Ray Charles, Righteous Brothers, John Legend and Carol King to name a few.

Let's just say that if E-day was a movie, you would all be asking questions about the soundtrack.

I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday, I leave you with an article that I found interesting and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment