Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Review...

That pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from the contemplation of the beautiful. -Edgar Allan Poe


I thought this was appropriate when thinking about 2009 in music and movies. I always think of this quote when I hear or see something that impresses me. It is probably over the top in this context but whatev.

There is something special about these art forms. It is always bizarre to me when people rarely see movies or don't really care about music. I'm not sure what I would do without these things.

I listed my top 5 albums of the year and my top 10 movies. I only listed 5 albums for two reasons.

1. I did not really keep up
2. It was a mediocre year

Here you go in no particular order:

Music:
Avett Bros- I and Love and You
David Bazan- Curse your Branches
Fun.- Aim and Ignite
Jay-Z- The Blueprint 3
Weezer- Raditude

Movies:
Inglorious basterds
Public Enemies
District 9
Up in the air
An Education
A Serious Man
Watchmen
Away we go
Zombieland

No comments:

Post a Comment