Monday, December 28, 2009

Whew...super bored.

I've been on the east coast for about 2 weeks now and I have found the cure for insomnia. It is the town of Myrtle Beach. I have done a lot of sleeping in the last 2 weeks. A LOT. That's really about it. The first couple of days it was necessary. Apparently, I had the Jet Lag.

Who knew that existed?

After I caught up with the rest of the "Atlantics", (that's what I call people on the east coast, because of their proximity to the Atlantic ocean) I could not keep my eyes open. All I wanted, needed, desired, longed for was sweet, sweet sleep. But, like a woman, it kept it self hidden from my grasp.

I have a little brother, Johnathan, he is 9. In his entire existence he has arisen between the hours of 5 and 6 a.m. on Xmas day ready to meet Santa and help him with his obviously large load presents with his name on it. When he enters our bedrooms (Which for me now is an air mattress in the upstairs den) we all yell at him and he waits for us to roll out at 7:30, when our mom makes us feel guilty for making him wait.

This year something, weird, odd, even bizarre happened. I rolled over on the air mattress, looked at my cell phone and it read 10:30. I peed all over myself immediately. Why, you ask. Because obviously my brother has been killed in his sleep. I get up in a panic, searching every possible place for a dead 9 year old body. Outside under the car, in the trash, in the bath tub filled with ice, with a letter saying that his organs had been stolen and sold on the black market.

Finally, in desperation, I ended my search in his bedroom, to find him sleeping soundly. I promptly woke him up and reminded him that it was Christmas. He responded;
"Huh?"
"Buddy, its 10;30, you've missed Santa, Christmas is ruined. "
"Matthew, Santa doesn't exist, it is logically impossible for him to exist. I watched the discovery channel and they sent scientists to the north pole and they showed that no one can survive there."
"Oh...do you still want your presents?"
"Of course, but they'll be there when I get up"
"Sure, well I'll be down stairs with some coffee and a copy of the Times for you"
"Thanks, I'll be down shortly"

Anyway, I got way off track there. Back to the point of this blog. I can't stop sleeping. I wake up at 10:30 and I am in bed no later than 11:00. Because I have no interest in anything after that time. Not for safety's sake but because I cannot keep my eyes open. I blame my mom and the absurd amount of food she makes me consume on a daily basis.

But, in other news; Christmas was great. It's good to see everyone. 3 of 5 kids live in different states so its fun to be under the same roof.

California, I will return soon. Don't worry and stop calling me, it just makes you look needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment